Thank you for your interest in Carl Albert State College's Radiologic Technology Program. This is a two-year program that will prepare students to demonstrate entry level skills in radiology technology. Students are instructed in theory and application in the classroom and the x-ray laboratory.
CASC’s Radiography Program, in keeping with the mission of the College, is dedicated to excellence in the education of radiologic technology. The Program will prepare students to demonstrate entry-level skills in radiologic technology that will provide ethical practice in patient care, human relations and technical skills commensurate with the practice of radiography
1. To prepare students with the knowledge and skills appropriate for entry-level technologists.
2. To prepare students to be independent learners demonstrating critical thinking and problem solving.
3. To prepare students to practice the profession of radiology as a member of a healthcare team manifesting ethical behavior.
4. To prepare students to practice the profession of radiology
with effective communication skills for a diverse health care environment.
Goal 1 Outcomes:
1. Graduates will achieve success on the ARRT examination.
2. Graduates will find employment in the field of radiologic technology.
3. Students will successfully complete the program.
4. Students will demonstrate clinical proficiency.
5. Students will work as an effective member of a health care team.
Goal 2 Outcomes:
1. Students will develop the ability to critically think and problem solve.
2. Clinical personnel will mentor students through the development of critical thinking & problem solving.
3. Students will demonstrate critical thinking & problem solving skills through independent learning formats that can be transferred to post graduation application.
Goal 3 Outcomes:
1. Students will work as an effective member of a team.
2. Students will demonstrate the characteristics & traits of an ethical healthcare professional.
Goal 4 Outcomes:
1. Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in a health care setting.
CASC's Radiography Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, the national accrediting agency for radiography programs. The accreditation process has been developed to assure that radiologic programs follow education standards that ensure academic excellence. Contact information for JRCERT is:
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Phone: (312) 704-5300 Fax: (312) 704-5304
Class of 2012 Graduate Survey Results (10 mailed/e-mailed; 4 returned; scale 1-5 with 1 lowest & 5 highest)
Employer Survey Results 2012 (7 submitted; 3 returned; scale 1-5 with 1 lowest & 5 highest)
The philosophy of the Radiologic Technology Program is based on the provision of quality education. The educational program aspires to graduate professionals who have strong technical skills, high ethical standards of practice and compassion for all the people encountered with the practice of the profession.